Today, we celebrate the World No Tobacco Day, and here at BRILHO Services, we support this cause. It is a day promoted by the World Health Organization (WHO) to increase awareness of the negative impact of tobacco on people’s health, especially on the lungs. According to the organization, smoking cigarettes can cause a wide range of illnesses, from chronicle respiratory disease to cancer.
Besides the health factor, we’d like to talk about your home condition as well. We know many people avoid smoking inside their places, but if they do it just for once, it will be enough for the smoke to stick around walls and furniture. And it is never a pleasant experience to get into someone else’s home and be surprised by the smell of smoke. We believe our home should be our sanctuary, and we should do whatever it takes to keep it as a healthful environment.
Hence, we’d like to give you some advice about smoking:
- It can be very pleasing by the moment, but extremely dangerous to your health in the long term.
- If you cannot stop smoking right now, give it a try on the World No Tobacco Day! We suggest you engage in a healthy activity for this day, such as going for a walk.
- Your home should be the most special place and you should take care of it. Also, some people are very sensitive to smoke and they could start to avoid visiting you.
Do you need help with a deep clean to rid your house of the cigarette odour? Don’t hesitate to reach us at 416-923-3300. BRILHO Services will give your home the touch and the ‘brilho’ it deserves!
And remember: Don’t let tobacco take your breath away! Choose health no tobacco.
- For more information about the World No Tobacco Day, visit: https://www.who.int/tobacco/wntd/en/
- Ontario Support to Quit Smoking: https://www.ontario.ca/page/support-quit-smoking