A clean house is not only pleasing to the eye but is also healthier for you and your family. Keeping on top of the cleaning can be a challenge if you don’t know how to do it right.
Ever wonder how to keep a house clean all of the time? Cleaning efficiently means paying more attention to the high traffic areas in your household. For example – the more you make a habit out of wiping your counter top after each use, the less work you will have to do when it comes time to doing a deeper clean for sanitizing purposes!
Maintaining a clean house means cleaning on the go.
Getting into the habit of cleaning on the go will ensure that there be no problems with keeping a house clean.
You won’t need to scrub residual build up gunk off, because you have made a habit in cleaning on the go so you don’t even give gunk build up a chance! This might take a bit of practice to build into your routine, but the pay off is very rewarding.
Here is a list of cleanliness habits you can adopt at home:
- Wipe down countertops after each use.
- Immediately wipe down all areas contacted if handling meat, such as fridge handles, cabinet handles, and sink handles. These are high breeding grounds for bacteria that will make you sick! Use soap and a cloth rung out with warm-hot water.
- Also, when handling meats, consider rinsing out areas that came into contact with meat. Items such as cutting board, utensils and sink are common places of contact.
- Sweep your floors once a day or every other day. This will minimize carrying debris from high traffic areas like hallways and kitchen into your room.
- Keep your home organized as much as you can. It will help with expediting your cleaning efforts for when you need to do a deep clean.
- After you’ve done your business, wipe the toilet rim with a square of toilet paper if your aim is off!
- Rinse your sink out after each use to avoid soap sud build up or other foreign objects like hair or grime sticking to the sink.
- Squeegee your shower walls/bathtub after each use to avoid gunk build up.
- Soak your pots and pans immediately after use with hot water to reduce scrubbing effort.
This is a quick list, but maintaining a clean home has its benefits, such as:
1. Your home will smell fresh and look beautiful.
2. It is also healthier for you and your family because it reduces the risk of allergies, respiratory problems like asthma, as well as the spread of diseases.
3. It helps you maintain a good mental state.
4. It boosts your self-confidence because you feel good about yourself when your house looks clean.
5. It can help you lead a decluttered and organized lifestyle which is good for your stress levels as well.
So, follow these tips on how to keep a house clean and apply them in your everyday life. Remember, a healthy house is a happy house!