It’s time for your annual spring cleaning (yes, it’s never too late), and you don’t know yet how to start it?
As experts on this topic, we are here to help you! So, we created the following to-do list to help you. Here are 5 spring cleaning tips to help you with your home cleaning.
1 – Clean Room-by-Room
You should start choosing one room to deep clean. It could be your living room, bedroom or any other place that needs extra attention.
2 – Vacuum carpets and Rugs
It is important to take the time to clean the carpets and rugs. To remove all dirt and dust, you must pass the vacuum cleaner back and forth slowly for a few times before moving to the next area.
3 – Dust books and Shelves
We know it is boring, but it is indispensable to take everything off the shelves to clean them up. You can use a feather duster or a microfiber cloth to do the job.
4 – Spray and Soak
Spray the cleaning solution in the shower walls, tub, floors, and sinks, and let it soak for at least 15 minutes. Don’t rush, because it is important to kill germs and bacteria. Rinse everything from the top down, and use a clean cloth to dry it. Don’t use this same cloth anywhere else unless you wash it in hot water first.
5 – De-clutter
De-cluttering is one of the most challenge steps for the Spring Cleaning. Sometimes, we keep things we don’t need anymore. The tips for effective de-cluttering are:
- Analyze all stuff you can consider as a clutter item;
- Allocate them in named boxes, such as ‘To get rid of, ‘To Keep’, and ‘To Decide’;
- Find a proper place to store the things you want to keep;
- Think about donating or selling the items you don’t need any more;
- Keep the ‘To Decide’ box in a place with uneasy access for a minimum of 3 months. If within this time you shouldn’t need any of the items, you can be sure it’s time to move on and to get free from those objects too.
If you want your home refreshed and shining clean, give us a call! It will be a pleasure to meet you and give your house the tough it deserves.